There are Admission or Articulation Agreements between the Virginia Community College System and over 20 individual four-year colleges and universities in Virginia.
It is important to carefully read the agreement for the college to which you plan to transfer. The cumulative GPA and other admission requirements vary for each four-year
institution (and perhaps for specific majors within the institution).
Meet with an admissions counselor and/or academic advisor at the four-year institution because:
- Some colleges require submission of a letter of intent, often one year in advance to enrollment.
- Acceptance into the four institution does not guarantee acceptance into your intended major.
- Prerequisite courses for majors are completed the freshman and/or sophomore year. In some cases NRCC may not offer equivalent courses which transfer;
therefore it is important to plan early and meet with an academic advisor at the four year college for your intended major.
- For a list of participating colleges and each guaranteed admission agreement,
visit the VCCS Transfer Agreements.
- Two year college Transfer Grant:
Application for Participation in the Two-Year College Transfer