You can give to the college through the NRCC Educational Foundation in a variety of ways.
- Cash Gifts - offer a number of tax advantages, depending upon your tax bracket. Donations made prior to December 31 qualify as a deduction for that year. You can make a pledge payable over a period of several years, if you prefer.
- Appreciated securities -- stocks or bonds - make excellent gifts. Their value is easily determined as of the date of donation.
- Bequests are among the most common methods of giving. There are a number of types of bequests and various methods by which they may be established. There are, as well, many other types of deferred gifts.
- Real and personal property may include anything from art works or other precious belongings to residences, real estate, or paid-up life insurance policies.
- Gifts-in-kind can include such gifts as needed equipment or services. The market value of gifts-in-kind is mutually agreed upon by the college and the donor.
The NRCC Educational Foundation encourages you to discuss with your attorney, your accountant, or your trust officer, the ways in which your gift can best benefit both you and the college.
For more information, contact Angie Covey at New River Community College Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 1127, Dublin, VA 24084, (540) 674-3655, email@example.com