Web Services Mission Statement:Web Services is dedicated to being an accommodating and responsive department that is committed to:
- administration of the daily operations of the college’s academic, marketing, departmental, and training-related websites;
- maintaining standards for college websites that maintain the college mission, goals, initiatives and priorities;
- fostering a supportive environment so that all facets of college can develop and maintain high quality, accurate web content;
- providing search engine optimization based on reports from searches that past visitors have conducted;
- authoring, proctoring, and compiling results for web usability tests;
- providing consultation to the college concerning trends, technologies and best practices in using the web;
- supporting college prioritized web projects through assistance in project planning, production and deployment; and
- providing support to interns in the ITC ’s SITs and TechWeb Partners service learning programs.
The ITC provides web development for NRCC's web site, as well as departmental and faculty web sites. We use Macromedia Fireworks for graphic work, Macromedia Flash to implement interactivity, and Adobe Photoshop for photo touch-ups. We also utilize Active Server Pages to provide dynamic database-driven web applications.
New web site design/development – The ITC provides support for new web site design and development. We provide solutions to help you obtain a web presence on the Internet. NRCC departments, faculty, and staff are highly encouraged to have web sites which can assist with getting critical information to our students, and the public, as well as providing additional office efficiency.
Web site Updates – The ITC will assist in keeping your web site updated with the latest information. In order for you and your audience to get the most from your web site and ensure efficiency, you should update your web site frequently. Updated information will provide better communication with your target audience, as well as encourage repeat visits. It is a good idea to look at your web site at least two or more times a month to guarantee all information is up-to-date. It is impossible for the ITC staff to know immediately when your web site content is outdated, so please let us know when updates are needed by contacting the help desk.
Call Toll Free: 1-866-462-6722 or (540) 674-3600 plus the extension number to reach any employee.
Telephone Extension: 4293
Office Location: Martin 215
Telephone Extension: 4427
Office Location: Martin 221
Web & Graphic Services Manager/Adjunct Instructor
Telephone Extension: 4217
Office Location: Martin 213
Telephone Extension: 4335
Office Location: Martin 224C