The Applications Development Department is a part of New River Community College's Innovative Technology Center (ITC). The ITC is located in Martin Hall room 224. The mission of the ITC is to provide faculty and staff training opportunities, web development, support and testing of new technologies.
RADSS Conversion Status Report
Updated RDED Chart Released
The Applications Development Department of the Innovative Technology Center is committed to the design, development, implementation and integration of computer information systems in support of the mission and goals of New River Community College and the Virginia Community College System.
- To provide creative and intuitive software application design to support the ever growing need for information management throughout the college and community.
- To develop state of the art software business applications utilizing innovative development tools.
- To manage smooth software implementations by providing thorough documentation, training materials and user support.
- To provide seamless integrations between the varied software platforms at the state and local level.
Applications Development Philosophy
The application development staff is committed to providing faculty, staff and students with world class business application tools. This commitment includes constantly maintaining current knowledge of software development trends and utilizing state of the art technology to deliver custom applications, integrations, training and documentation.
Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Projects
- Productivity Analysis System (PAS)
- Research and Assessment Data Support System (RADSS)
- Status Report
- Facilities Utilization System Enhancement (FUSE)
- Generalized Accounting Reporting System (GARS)
- Virginia Employer Data Management and Reporting System (VEDMARS)
- Personnel and Payroll Support System (PAPSS)
- Subsystem 1: Personnel and Payroll Support System (PAPSS)
- Subsystem 2: Faculty Workload Management System (FWMS)
- Subsystem 3: College Workstudy Patroll System (CWSP)
- Subsystem 4: Financial Aid Award Status Tracking System (FASTAT)
- Institutional Effectiveness Through Strategic Planning, Accountability, Commitment & Engagement (NETSPACE)
- Purchasing and Receiving Support System (PARSS)
- Early Learning System Billing System (ELCBILLS)
- Vehicle Registration & Ticket Maintenance System (SECURITY)
- Bookstore Balances
- FWMS Workload Definitions
- CWSP Awards
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT NRCC?
MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL
NRCC IN DUBLIN:
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
Toll Free: 866-462-6722
Fax: (540) 674-3642
782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Fax: (540) 381-7128