International Student Admissions
An F-1 student who is maintaining status may transfer from one USCIS-approved school to another through a process of notification to the USCIS Data Processing Center and the former school. The following information is required before transfer can be completed. (An F-1 student who has not maintained status at the school that he or she is authorized to attend must also file for reinstatement):
- Application to New River Community College (NRCC) (must indicate degree planning to pursue on application)
- Transcripts from high school and other colleges attended
- International Student Data Form showing adequate funding
- Documentary evidence of financial support (bank statement) in the amount indicated on the International Student Data Form
- Verification student is in-status with Immigration and Naturalization Service from student's present school
- Letter from present school stating student is in-status, or
- Completion of Transfer Eligibility Form by school official at present school
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Copy of student's passport, visa, I-20, and I-94 card
- English Proficiency - TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based) or 173 (computer-based), or 61 (Internet-based), IELTS minimum academic score of 6, or English placement test at ENG 03 or 05 level and writing sample, or completion of college level English class.
After all required information is submitted and student is transferred in SEVIS to NRCC from former school, an I-20 will be completed noting the transfer.
Failure to comply with the USCIS Transfer Procedures is a violation of student status.