Fundamentals of Music is a class designed not only for non-music majors and music majors, but also for the community at large. For those who would like to learn to read music and learn the basic musical language, this is the class to meet those needs.
Some students have spent their life playing by ear, but feel that something is inherently missing, and that is the ability to have all music at their fingertips. This class will help fill those musical gaps.
Many music business and music technology majors are attracted to those fields of study without any prior music knowledge. Fundamentals of Music will help prepare these prospective majors prior to their first year of Basic Theory. For them, Fundamentals of Music is a necessity.
OnMusic Fundamentals Access Card
Registering Access Code:
- Acquire RedShelf's OnMusic Fundamentals third edition 16-digit Access Code from the NRCC Bookstore. Used copies will not work.
- Redeem your 16-digit code on the RedShelf website to obtain the 14-digit Connect for Education access code needed to register for this course.
- Go to RedShelf at https://redshelf.com to create an account. Once you have your account, enter your 16-digit code. You will receive a 14-digit access code to register for the course in Canvas.
- Go to the course in Canvas, click on Modules, and then click the Connect 4 Education link. Then just register your course access code
From this point forward, you will access the entire course using that Connect 4 Education link. That is all there is to it!
- Acquaint yourself with the Course Information section under Modules before starting the class.
- This is a ten-week course so be sure to follow the course schedule to stay on target with deadlines.
- Check regularly course announcements in CANVAS and your CANVAS inbox to access all communications from your instructor.
- Contact your instructor with any questions or concerns. Professor Billaud quickly responds and eagerly looks forward to helping you!