- Haydn had a sick sense of humor, and liked to keep his listeners on their toes.
- Chopin has to be doing wonders for the floral industry, unless, of course, there are just a lot of wildflowers near his grave.
- Arnold Schoenberg’s Pierrot Lunaire is much more interesting after a glass of wine, but for some odd reason I keep visiting his work on YouTube sober. Oddly enough I can’t stop listening to it. I keep trying to figure out what it is that is so strange.
- I hope to have a significant life event to use Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, because its tone and beauty.
- I will be attending much more live music performances.
- When I go to Thailand because it’s a goal of mine to study Thai Yoga Massage Therapy there, seeing the Elephant Orchestra will be on the top of my tourist attractions (if it’s available to the public, of course).
- Mozart does improve grades. I listened to him the whole week before, during, and after study sessions and low and behold I got an A!!
- I will be exposing my future children and pets to anything but metal, so they don’t go mad!
- Classical music is so complex and takes so much talent and work, that I think that NPR should have a much greater presence in this world.
- I’m grateful for the assignments and effort you’ve asked of us in your course because this is the first college course I’ve felt a bit challenged and awarded after assignments.
Your course has only confirmed that music enriches our life and gives it that added element that makes life worth experiencing. I’ve always believed that everyday life should have a soundtrack, and thanks to your class, my everyday soundtrack has a new element to it.
Please keep passing on your knowledge. Your teaching style, enthusiasm, and kindness played a large part in my giving Christiansburg a fair chance as the first place to live on my own. -