Careers in Instrumentation and Control Automation
Instrumentation program graduates are in demand and experience a high rate of job placement. New River-trained instrument technicians find careers in local industries as well as throughout Virginia, the United States and internationally. Technicians employed by American companies sometimes work overseas.
Annual earnings for entry-level technicians employed by manufacturing industries have ranged from $35,000, $55,000 and even higher. Listed below are companies and the annual salaries of new graduates who were recruited from New River's instrumentation program.
- ABB Group
- ACS Conveyor
- AdvanSix ($82,000)
- American Electric Power, Roanoke, Va. ($52,000)
- American Mine Research
- ATK (Orbital ATK)
- B'burg, C'burg VPI Water Authority
- Cascades Paper Mill
- Celanese, Narrows, Va. (Approximately $60,000 after training.)
- Coca Cola Company
- Control Automation Technologies Corp.
- Corning Corporation
- Dominion (Virginia Power), Richmond, Va. ($55,000)
- ESS Technologies
- Federal Mogul
- Honeywell, Richmond, Va. ($75,000 after 180 days)
- Honeywell, Moncure, N.C. ($75,000 after 180 days)
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD)
- Hollingsworth & Vose
- Instrument Calibration and Technical Services
- International Paper
- JA King
- James Hardie
- Korona Candles
- McKee Foods Corporation
- Mead Westvaco ($62,000 starting)
- Motion Controls
- PCI ($42,000-$44,000)
- Pepsi Bottling Group
- Phoenix Packaging
- Phillip Morris, Richmond, Va. ($43,500 entry)
- Professional Project Services
- RF Micro Devices, Greensboro, N.C. ($30,000 entry)
- RJR ($63,800)
- Sterling Engineering Solutions
- TechLab, Inc.
- Virginia Tech Power Plant
- Williams Supply
- Yokohama, Salem, Va. ($36,000)
Instrumentation and Control Automation Department Contact Information
General questions and requests about the accounting department should be directed to Montie Fleshman 1-866-462-6722, extension 4255, or (540) 674-3600 extension 4255.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrumentation and Control Automation Department Faculty
Call (540) 674-3600 or toll-free 1-866-462-6722, then you will be prompted to add the extension number to reach any employee.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT NRCC?
NRCC IN DUBLIN:
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
Toll Free: 866-462-6722
Fax: (540) 674-3642
782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Fax: (540) 381-7128