Personal Finance 107 (Online Course)
FIN 107 Home |
Course Slides |
Test Dates and Extra Credit Points |
YouTube "The Richest Man In Babylon George S Clason" ( Audio Book )
View Textbook Details
- Beware of Wolves in Sheep's Clothing
by Ken Long
- Chapter 1: First Things First
- Chapter 2: Plugging the Holes
- Chapter 3: Credit Cards
- Chapter 4: Your Credit Report
- Chapter 5: Insurance
- Chapter 6: Buying, Selling, and Leasing a Car
- Chapter 7: Home Ownership vs. Renting
- Chapter 8: Taxes
- Chapter 9: Bonds and Mutual Funds
- Chapter 10: Stocks and Annuities
- Chapter 11: Building a Secure Retirement
- Chapter 12: Estate Planning
Suggested Test Dates
Your grade is based on total points. A = at least 720 points, B 640 pts, C 560 pts, D 480 pts.
- Monday Sept. 9 --- TEST 1 (Introduction & Chapters 1 & 2)
- Monday Sept. 23 --- TEST 2 (Chapters 3 & 4)
- Monday Oct. 7 --- TEST 3 (Chapters 5 & 6)
- Monday Oct. 21 --- TEST 4 (Mid-term Exam: Introduction & Chapters 1- 6)
- Monday Nov. 4 --- TEST 5 (Chapters 7 & 8)
- Monday Nov. 18 --- TEST 6 (Chapters 9 & 10)
- Monday Dec. 2 --- TEST 7 (Chapters 11 & 12)
- Monday Dec. 16 --- TEST 8 (Final Exam: Chapters 7-12)
Extra Credit Points
- How many points?
Two points possible per summary with a total of 30 possible points.
- How do I receive the points?
You write summaries of articles or videos from the RT web site in your own words.
- How do I post my summaries?
Click on RT Summaries in Canvas.
- How long do the summaries have to be?
At least 120 words.
- Are there any deadlines?
Your summaries can be made at any time during the semester.
- What about copying and pasting?
Any copying and pasting from any source will disqualify you from the group.
You can copy and paste anything which you composed yourself.
- What do I have to include in my summary?
You have to include the name of the article or video and the URL.
- Where do I keep tract of my points?
Your points will be recorded in Canvas.
Economic Department Contact Information
General questions and requests about the Economic department should be directed to Kenneth Long 1-866-462-6722, extension 4353, or (540) 674-3600, extension 4353.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economics Department Faculty
Call (540) 674-3600 or toll-free 1-866-462-6722, then you will be prompted to add the extension number to reach any employee.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT NRCC?
NRCC IN DUBLIN:
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
Toll Free: 866-462-6722
Fax: (540) 674-3642
782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Fax: (540) 381-7128