Employee Directory

Employee Directory Link

College Catalog

College Catalog Link

Student Handbook

Student Handbook Link


Bookstore Link

Class Schedules

Class Schedule Link

Student Links

Student Page Link

ACCE Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Q: Can my parent or guardian discuss my ACCE status with NRCC faculty or staff?
    A: Due to FERPA laws, students must sign the Student Information Release form in order for NRCC faculty or staff to speak with a parent or guardian regarding a student.
  • Q: When should I start/finish my community service project?
    A: Community service projects will begin upon high school graduation and acceptance into the ACCE program.
    • Students will be given information about volunteer service hours after being accepted into the ACCE program. Students will be expected to complete 40 hours (50 hours in Giles County) by August 15 for Fall Semester and December 15 for Spring Semester. It is recommended that students complete all 80 (100) during the summer before the start of Fallsemester. This avoids students having school and volunteer service at the same time.
  • Q: Where can I complete my community service project?
    A: Community Service projects are managed and assigned by individual localities. All community service questions should be directed to the following:
  • Q: Can I use Federal Financial Aid awards to cover the cost of textbooks and additional credits; and use ACCE funding to cover the cost of tuition?
    A: No. All Federal Financial Aid money is first applied toward tuition. ACCE money will close any funding gaps for tuition up to 15 credits (12 credits in Radford). Any expenses beyond 15 credits (12 credits in Radford), including textbooks, are the responsibility of the student.
  • Q: Will I qualify for the NRCC Educational Foundation Scholarship as an ACCE student?
    A: No. Students can apply for the Foundation Scholarship and ACCE but will not be accepted for both opportunities. Students will be advised of which opportunity will best financially benefit them.
  • Q: Can I use outside scholarships to pay for textbooks and additional credits?
    A: Yes. Students can apply for and earn outside scholarships that can be used for any expenses beyond 15 credits of tuition. High school counselors and Career Coaches should have a list of available scholarship opportunities.
  • Q: Can I communicate with NRCC faculty and staff using my personal email?
    A: As a high school student applying for the ACCE program we can communicate with students through personal email accounts provided in the ACCE application. However, after June 1 (upon high school graduation) we can only contact you using your NRCC email account. If you have problems logging into your NRCC email account, please contact our Help Desk at nr4help@nr.edu or 540-674-3600, ext. 4400.

    *This policy change is effective November 6, 2019 due to VCCS email changes.*

  • Q: What happens if I miss a deadline?
    A: No documentation will be accepted after a deadline. If a student misses a deadline, it will result in the loss of the ACCE opportunity.
  • Q: Can I take a year off from school, then return to participate in the ACCE program?
    A: No. All students must begin the program directly out of high school or finishing a homeschool curriculum.
  • Q: Who do I contact with questions about my FAFSA?
    A: You may contact the NRCC Financial Aid Office at 540-674-3600, ext. 4279 between the hours of 8 and 5, Monday through Friday.
  • Q: Who do I contact with questions about class schedule changes?
    A: You may contact the Advising Office at 540-674-3609 between the hours of 8 and 5, Monday through Friday. You may also contact your NRCC Connection Specialist.
  • Q: Can Home School students participate in the ACCE program?
    A: Yes. Home School students may participate, but must begin the program with their graduating class and be able to submit a valid transcript with a 2.5 gpa.
  • Q: May I participate in the ACCE program if I pay tuition to attend a school district that participates in the ACCE program, but I live in a district that does not participate in the program?
    A: No. ACCE eligibility is based on residency in a participating locality. Therefore, it does not matter where you go to school, it only matters where you reside. However, if you live in locality that DOES participate in the ACCE program, but attend a school outside of that district; you will still be eligible for ACCE, but you will need to apply for the ACCE program in the county in which you reside, not where your high school is located.
  • Q: Can I attend another school my first year of college then transfer to NRCC and participate in the ACCE program for my second year of college?
    A:No. All students must begin the program directly out of high school or finishing a homeschool curriculum.
  • Q: I cannot access my NRCC email account to respond to the April 1 acceptance email.
    If you have not been enrolled at NRCC within the past year, your NRCC email account is inactive. Please use your personal email account to communicate with the Foundation Office. Your NRCC email will become active when you are registered for classes as an ACCE Student. After registering for classes, please begin using your NRCC email account instead of your personal account.



NRCC Mobile


NRCC Alert Icon



  •  5251 College Drive
  •  Dublin, VA 24084
  •  (540) 674-3600
  •  Toll Free: 866-462-6722
  •  Fax: (540) 674-3642
  •  Directions


  •  782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
  •  Christiansburg, VA 24073
  •  (540) 674-3610
  •  Fax: (540) 381-7128
  •  Directions
  •  More...

Send comments about this web site to web@nr.edu and general questions about the college to info@nr.edu