Hello and Welcome to Distance Education!
New River Community College's distance education program:
- is part of the college’s effort to increase educational access and student success.
- is for students who need to pursue academic goals outside the traditional classroom setting.
- enables you to achieve your educational goals if you are committed and motivated.
How to get started in distance education?
- Visit Register for Classes to sign up for classes.
- Buy books (http://www.nr.edu/bookstore). Start coursework on the first day of classes.
- Ask questions. Student support is available through the Distance Education department firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Distance Education office 540-674-3614 (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., - Monday – Friday)
- Once class starts, stay connected with your instructor. Visit http://www.nr.edu, click on employee directory.
In addition to the college’s distance learning programs and support services, New River Community College's Distance Education department also manages our off-campus location at the New River Valley Mall in Christiansburg. Several full-time programs are housed there in addition to an array of college transfer courses. If you have any questions, e-mail the off-campus site at email@example.com.
Wishing you continued successes,
Linda Capone Claussen
Director of Distance Education/Off-Campus Services
540-674-3600 ext. 4364 (main campus)
New River Community College has been approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).