- Business Administration
- Engineering (For transfer into Engineering at Virginia Tech)
- Engineering Computer Science (For transfer into computer science at Virginia Tech)
- Science (For transfer into Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech)
- Liberal Arts
- General Studies
- General Studies Computer Science Specialization
- General Studies Fine Arts Specialization
- General Studies Visual Communication Design Specialization
- Approved Social Science & Humanities/Fine Arts Electives
- Transferable Electives
- Possible Transferable Math Courses by Major
These programs are intended for transfer purposes. It is important that any student interested in transferring to a four-year college or university consult with an academic advisor at the four-year institution. Also, academic advisors are available to assist students in the Advising Center in Rooker Hall.
Associate in Arts and Sciences
Four-Semester (Two-Year) Program
The College and University Transfer program is designed for students who plan to complete a baccalaureate degree program at a four-year college or university or who are not yet prepared to select a definite career objective.
The student must meet the entrance requirements established by the college.
Students are urged to check the mathematics requirements of the four-year college or university to determine the proper mathematics courses to be taken at the community college. In addition, they should contact the appropriate four-year institution to determine the transferability of elective courses.
Specific courses required for the Associate in Arts and Sciences degree are intended to provide a balanced foundation in liberal education.
Although a course fulfills a requirement for an NRCC program, it is possible the course will not fulfill a requirement at a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer need to determine the four-year institution’s requirements prior to course selection.