- If you have a friend who is taking the same classes, or others in a nearby building, walk together to and from classes.
- Do not leave purses or other property unattended. It only takes a moment for someone to grab the item and walk away.
- As NRCC is always expanding and improving the facilities on campus, be aware of construction zones and areas where other work is taking place.
- Obey the posted speed limits in parking lots, and on the roads surrounding the campus- even if it means getting here a little early to avoid rushing to class!
- Learn how to avoid becoming a victim of assault. Rape prevention education, personal safety, and safety and self-defense classes can be taken to help inform you of dangers.
Be aware--sexual assaults are committed by acquaintances more often than by strangers.
- If you should notice a suspicious person or an unsafe condition here on campus, we encourage you to report it to us. If you have any doubt about whether we should check on someone/something, it is better to call and allow us to look into it. The number to call is (540) 674-3646.
- For information regarding inclement weather delays/closings, you can call NRCC (674-3600). You will reach the automated attendant. Don't dial an extension.