Welcome to the Division of Business and Technologies
I hope you will find the following pages to be user-friendly as well as informative. This division offers students a wealth of choices. Once you select a program, you may begin your journey to an exciting and rewarding career. Please enjoy browsing our Web pages, and know we in the division stand ready to assist you in your educational endeavors.
Mission/Vision StatementDivision of Business and Technologies
The mission of the Division of Business and Technologies is to provide comprehensive higher-education and workforce-training programs and services of superior quality that are financially and geographically accessible and that meet individual, business, and community needs of the New River Valley.
To achieve this mission, the principles that guide the Division are:
- To provide programs and courses of instruction through the associate-degree level, encompassing occupational-technical education, college transfer education, general education, developmental education, continuing education and workforce development.
- To offer a comprehensive program of student-development services to provide a broad range of instructional technologies, methods, materials, facilities and instructional support services that accommodate students of varied backgrounds, interests and abilities to create an educational environment that facilitates learning through a curriculum that broadens perspectives, leads to responsible citizenship, and sets standards that support the highest level of performance.
- To serve as an important linkage between secondary education and four-year colleges and universities.
- To enrich the local community by making available resources in people, facilities, libraries and programming.
- To take a leadership role in helping shape the future direction of our community.
- To enhance economic, cultural, and educational partnerships within the community.
- To ensure a healthy and safe environment on campus.
- To be fiscally responsible and accountable.