New River Community College is closed for the Thanksgiving holiday. NRCC will reopen on Monday, November 27, at 8:00 a.m. All of us at New River Community College wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
GRADUATION ACCELERATION PROGRAM
The Graduation Acceleration Program (GAP) is an accountability program that offers short-term financial
incentives to students who are prepared and motivated to complete their programs of study within an
ambitious timeframe. After a rigorous application process, students accepted into the program will agree
to maintain a full course load and engage in intensive advising, monthly meetings and tutoring in
exchange for financial incentives.
Participants will be required to:
Each individual who meets minimum monthly requirements gets $50 each month (for four months).
As an additional incentive, those who successfully complete 30 credits in a calendar year will
receive an additional “Closing the GAP” award of $100.**
- Maintain at least a 15 credit hour schedule* including no more than one distance education course per semester (This means not violating the NRCC attendance policy for any of these courses.)
- Attend at least four prescheduled monthly meetings with assigned group.
- Attend weekly tutoring if referred to tutoring and if enrolled in any developmental classes.
- When requested, respond to a Connection Specialist within 48 hours.
- Prior to registering for courses, meet with an advisor in the Advising Center or with the designated faculty advisor to review schedule and graduation plan.
Who can apply?
- Currently be enrolled in an MTT and/or ENF course.
- Still need to earn at least 30 credit hours to complete their program of study.
- Be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Have demonstrated financial need, as determined by the FAFSA.
How to apply
In order to apply students will need to:
*Exceptions will be considered based on extenuating circumstances.
**Monthly incentives will not be offered during the summer term, but credits completed during the summer can be added to credits accumulated during fall and spring semesters for the “Closing the GAP” incentive.
- Pass at least one developmental course in summer or fall 2016.
- Complete a success plan worksheet outlining which courses they will take each semester in order to complete their chosen program of study in an efficient timeframe. These worksheets must be reviewed and signed by a faculty advisor (CTE students) or someone in the Advising Center (transfer students) and turned in to the Accountability in Student Learning Program office in Godbey 53 or at the front desk at the NRV Mall site.
- Complete online application by the deadline.
- Complete a FAFSA and all required Virginia Placement Tests.
Accountability in Student Learning
Godbey Hall 53
Phone: (540) 674-3647
E-mail: Jill Williams
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT NRCC?
MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL
NRCC IN DUBLIN:
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
Toll Free: 866-462-6722
Fax: (540) 674-3642
782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Fax: (540) 381-7128