Test 4 Information
Test 4 Topics:
The formula sheet will look EXACTLY LIKE THIS (click).
- You will need to know how to graph parabolas, hyperbolas and ellipses as well as find the center and focus/foci of each.
- You need to know how to write a general polynomial as a standard conic equation.
- You need to know how to find the equation of a conic section if you are provided some information about it. (ie. length of axes, location of foci, location of endpoints, etc.).
- You will need to know how to draw the 30, 60, 90 and 45, 45, 90 trianlges.
- You need to know how to find the trigonometric functions from the sides of a right triangle.
- You need to know how to find a reference angle and the trigonometric function of any angle. (Not just those between 0 and 90)
- There will be one graph on the test. It will be one of Sine, Cosine or Tangent.
- You need to know how to find points on the unit circle [ p(x, y) ]
- You need to know how to use inverse trigonometric functions.
- You need to know how to solve a trigonometric equation.
Here are some test type questions
Mth 166 Test 4 Page / firstname.lastname@example.org / revised October 2017