Test 4 Topics:
Test 4 sample test type problems.
I will give you the formulas for conic section. The formula sheet will look EXACTLY LIKE THIS (click).
1. You will need to know how to graph parabolas, hyperbolas and ellipses as well as find the center and focus/foci of each.
2. You need to know how to write a general polynomial as a standard conic equation.
3. You need to know how to find the equation of a conic section if you are provided some information about it. (ie. length of axes, location of foci, location of endpoints, etc.).
4. You need to know how to add, subtract and multiply matrices.
5. You need to know how to use matrices and Gauss Jordan elimination to find the solution to a system of equations.
6. You need to know how to row reduce a system of equations without the use of your calculator.
7. You need to know how to solve a system of equations.