Test 2 Information
For test 2 you will need to:
1. Be able to find a polynomial given its zeros.
2. Be able to find the zeros of a polynomial.
3. Be able to use the quadratic formula to find complex solutions. (you need to memorize the formula)
4. Be able to work with complex numbers: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5. Be able to write the equations of the vertical and horizontal asymptotes for a rational function
6. Be able to sketch a parabola and identify the vertex, zeros and intercepts.
7. Be able to use the rational zeros theorem to identify possible rational zeros.
8. Be able to find the zeros of a polynomial if you are given 1 or more of the zeros to start. (this includes complex zeros.)
9. Be able to divide polynomials [F(x) / (x - a)] using synthetic division and write them in the form F(x) = q(x) (x-a) + r.
Test 2 sample test type problems.
Mth 163 Test 2 Page / firstname.lastname@example.org / revised September, 2013