Electronic Databases by Title:
- ABA Law is the American Bar Association's web site.
- ACM Digital Library allows access to full-text articles from the Associaton of Computing Machinery's journal, newsletter, and conference proceedings.
- Academic Search Complete is a valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,600 peer-reviewed journals.
- African American Poetry Database is a collection of over 2,500 full-text poems written by African American poets in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- AGRICOLA contains citations and abstracts for materials pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.
- Agricultural Science Collection coverage extends from 1970 to the present with over 550 full-text journals within the agricultural sciences.
- AIDS & Cancer Research Abstracts provides indexing and citations to the world-wide scientific literature relating to AIDS, immunology, virology, and cancer genetics.
- Alexander Street Music Online is an online streaming music resource that contains streaming audio, video, reference, and scores on the web..
- Aluminum Industry Abstracts provides indexing and abstracts of the world's leading literature on aluminum, including production processes, products, applications, and business developments.
- AltHealth Watch offers full-text articles on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- America: History and Life is a bibliographic reference with some full-text on the history of the U.S. and Canada.
- American Chemical Society publishes the latest research material on the chemical and related sciences.
- American FactFinder is the U.S. Census Bureau's database of Census data.
- American History in Video provides the largest and richest collection of video available online for the study of American history, with 2,000 hours and more than 5,000 titles.
- American Mathematical Society offers full-text articles on mathematical research.
- American Poetry Database includes poems from over 200 of the most influential poets from the Colonial period to the early 20th century.
- Annual Reviews provides full-text articles on physical science topics.
- Aquatic Science Collection coverage from 1970 to the present with over 370 full-text journals within the field of aquatic science.
- Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts is the premier bibliographic reference within the field of aquatic resources.
- Article First indexes articles listed in the table of contents pages of journals.
- Associates Programs Source contains 1,000 full-text journals and 100 full-text books selected specifically for the research needs of two-year colleges.
- Association of Computing Machinery Digital Library allows access to full-text articles form ACM's journal, newsletter, and conference proceedings.
- Atmospheric Science Collection provides full-text coverage from 1974 to the present of over 190 journals within the field of aquatic resources.
- Auto Repair Reference Center contains repair information on vehicles dating back to 1946. Click here for an online tutorial.
[Return to Top]
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations includes over 11,000 quotations from the 10th edition of John Bartlett's work.
- Biography In Context is a comprehensive database of biographical information on people from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines.
- Biological Science Collection offers full-text access to 750 full-text journals from 1970 to the present within the biological science field.
- Biological Sciences offers abstracts to a wide range of research in biomedicine, biotechnology, ecology, and more.
- Biology Digest compiles abstracts of U.S. and international literature in the area of life sciences.
- BioMedical Reviews is an authoritative source of information within the biomedical field.
- BioOne combines the full-texts of high-impact bioscience research journals.
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Abstracts presents bibliographic coverage of research, developments and patents across all areas of biotechnology.
- Books in Print contains information on in-print, out-of-print, and forthcoming books, audio books, and videos.
- Business Source Complete is a definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content.
- Business Source Complete (Enhanced Business Searching Interface) is a definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content.
[Return to Top]
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications is the finding tool for federal publications.
- Ceramic Abstracts indexes over 200 journals from 1975 to the present.
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections a searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama and prose.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature) is the authoritative source of information for the nursing and allied health fields.
- Clinical Pharmacology provides information on all U.S. prescription drugs, herbal and nutritional supplements, and over-the-counter products.
- Code of Virginia is the online version of the laws of the state of Virginia.
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online) is a recognized source for research on international affairs.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete provides full-text articles and indexing and abstracts in areas related to communication and mass media.
- Computer Science Collection provides over 750 full-text journals with coverage from 1980 within the field of computer science.
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts provides quick access to thousands of sources within the computer and information systems fields.
- Computers and Applied Sciences Complete covers the research and development spectrum of the computing and applied sciences disciplines.
- Conference Papers Index provides citations to papers presented at major scientific meetings around the world.
- Congressional Record is the official record of the proceedings and debates of the U.S. Congress.
- Consumer Health Complete is the single most comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content.
- Contemporary Women's Issues is a multidisciplinary, full-text database focuses on the critical issues and events that influence women's lives in more than 190 countries.
- Corrosion Abstracts is the world's most complete source of bibliographic information in the area of corrosion
science and engineering.
- CQ Researcher provides in-depth, non-biased coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on topics in health, education, the environment, technology and the U.S. economy. Click here for an online tutorial.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is the online version of the print resource.
- Credo Reference contains full-text content from over 580 reference books.
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction profiles of major writers of long fiction throughout history and the world, including analyses of their significant novels and novellas.
[Return to Top]
- Early Modern Literary Studies is devoted to scholarship in English literature during the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Ebooks from Ebsco browse or search for ebooks available through Ebsco.
- EbscoHost access all Ebsco databases within one integrated search.
- EconLit acts as an electronic bibliography of the economics literature throughout the world.
- Economia y Negocios a bibliographic database covering more than 320 Spanish and Portuguese-language business and economics periodicals.
- Education Research Complete offers the world's largest and most complete collection of full text education journals. It is a bibliographic and full text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education.
- Electronics & Communications Abstracts monitors over 3,000 publications from 1981 to the present in the field of electronics and communications.
- Engineered Materials Abstracts contains citations from over 1,300 journals relating to the research, manufacturing, and applications of polymers, ceramics, and composites.
- English Poetry Database contains over 165,000 full-text poems.
- English Verse Drama offers access to more than 2,200 works from the late 13th century through the 19th century.
- ENGnetBASE is an Engineering Electronic Library with over 160 full-text handbooks that may be browsed or
- Environment Complete provides full-text articles from journals on a variety of environmental topics.
- Environmental Science Collection provides over 1100 full-text journals dating from 1967 to the present within the environmental sciences.
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management covers the environmental sciences.
- ERIC provides unlimited access to journal articles and other education-related materials, with some full-text available.
[Return to Top]
- Factiva is a powerful tool for researching and monitoring business information. Access to full-text materials
from 30,000 sources from more than 200 countries in 26 languages. Click here for an online tutorial.
- Facts on File includes access to World News Digest, Issues and Controversies and Today's Science.
- Federal Register is the official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations.
- FedWorld is an official gateway to government information.
- FictionConnection helps you locate fiction suggestions based on a title that you already enjoy.
- Films on Demand is a streaming media library with over 8,000 full-length videos within the humanities, social sciences, business and much more.
- FirstGov acts as the official web portal for
the U.S. government.
- Fuenta Academica is a rapidly growing collection of scholarly journals from Latin America, Portugal and Spain
that covers all subject areas.
[Return to Top]
- HarpWeek is a full-text database of Harper's Weekly, America's leading 19th century illustrated newspaper with special emphasis on the Civil War Era and the Reconstruction Era from 1857 to 1877.
- HealthSource Consumer Edition is a full-text collection of consumer health information.
- HealthSource Nursing /Academic offers more than 550 scholarly full-text journals focusing on the nursing and
allied health disciplines.
- Highwire produces online versions of journals and other scholarly content in the scientific and medical fields.
- Historical Abstracts is a complete reference to the history of the world from 1450 to the present and contains some full-text.
- Hospitality and Tourism Complete covers scholarly research and industry news relating to all areas of hospitality and tourism.
- Humanities International Complete provides full text articles of hundreds of journals, books and other published sources covering all aspects of the humanities.
[Return to Top]
- Legal Collection containing full text content for more than 250 of the world's most respected, scholarly law journals, this database is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- Legal Information Institute/Supreme Court Collection presents all opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court handed
down since 1992.
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts provides indexing and abstracts from linguistics journals dating
back to 1973.
- Literature Online is the leading online resource for the study and teaching of literature in English, combining the texts of over 350,000 works of literature with huge resources of criticism and reference.
- Literature Resource Center presents biographical information on more than 120,000 authors along with critical
essays, work overviews, plot summaries and explications. Click here for an online tutorial.
- Literature Resources from Gale provides one-stop access to full-text literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information,and overviews. Search results include content from Literature Resource Center, Twayne's, Scribners, Gale Virtual Reference Collection, and MLA International.
[Return to Top]
- MasterFILE Premier is composed of full text journal and magazine articles, reference books, biographies, primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 293,480 photos, maps & flags.
- Masterplots contains plot summaries, critical commentary, character profiles, literary settings and biographical profiles of world famous novels, plays, poems and works of nonfiction.
- Materials Business File contains citations from literature relating to the metals and materials industries.
- Materials Science Collection contains full-text articles form over 450 journals within the metals and materials industries dating from 1962 to the present.
- MathSci Net is a database of nearly 2 million reviews of mathematics publications.
- Mechanical Engineering Abstracts contains abstracts of the world-wide literature in mechanical engineering
from 1981 to 2002.
- MedicLatina is a unique collection of medical research and investigatory journals from renowned Latin
American and Spanish publishers.
- Medical and Biological Sciences is a group of 14 related databases within the medical and biological fields.
- MEDLINE provides unparalleled access to world-wide biomedical literature.
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy gives useful clinical information for healthcare professionals.
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics offers helpful information related to geriatrics.
- Merck Manual of Medical Information explains disorders, symptoms, and diagnosis.
- Mergent Horizon provides seamless capabilities for finding, filtering and organizing information about
companies and industries.
- Mergent Online offers information on public companies including company histories, annual reports, 30 years of stock prices, and more. Click here for an online tutorial.
- Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary is the online version of the print source.
- METADEX is the only comprehensive source for information on metals and alloys.
- Military and Government Collection covers current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government by providing cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals.
- Mineralogy Database contains over 4,300 descriptions of minerals with links to web sites and images.
- MLA International Bibliography is the primary bibliography in literature and the humanities.
- Music Online is the most comprehensive streaming audio collection available and offers coverage in the key musical genres such as classical, jazz, popular and more.
- Newspaper Source Plus provides cover-to-cover full text for 131 national & international newspapers.
[Return to Top]
- Oceanic Abstracts focuses on worldwide technical literature pertaining to the marine environment.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context is a virtual library of material on controversial issues. Click here for an online tutorial.
- OSHA the official web site of the U.S. Department of Labor, provides access to OSHA regulations, statistics,
programs, and publications.
- Oxford English Dictionary is the premier dictionary of the English language.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online provides instant access to Oxford's unabridged bilingual dictionaries, in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Chinese.
- Oxford Reference Online brings together language and subject reference works from one of the world's biggest and most trusted reference publishers into a single cross-searchable resource.
- OVID Medical Journals provides access to scholarly nursing and medical journals with full-text articles available for many titles.
[Return to Top]
- (PAIS)Public Affairs Information Service International Index is designed for users conducting research on
public policy and world affairs.
- Papers First is an index of papers presented at conferences, congresses, symposiums, expositions and
- Plant Science indexes literature on all aspects of plant science.
- Proceedings First covers published congresses, symposiums, conferences, workshops, and meetings
from 1993 to the present.
- Project Gutenburg contains over 6,000 e-books that may be searched and downloaded.
- Project Muse is an online collection of over 250 scholarly journals in the fields of art, humanities, and social sciences.
- Project VoteSmart provides biographical and voting information on political candidates and elected officials.
- Proquest Congressional is a comprehensive online
resource available for congressional publications and legislative research.“
- PsycArticles contains full-text, peer-reviewed articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association.
- PsycBOOKS is a full-text database of books and chapters in the American Psychological Association's array of
quality electronic databases.
- PsycINFO contains abstracts of scholarly literature within the field of psychology.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning
topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology and more.
- PubMed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
[Return to Top]
- Radford News Journal offers a fully searchable archive of newspapers from 1955 to 2008.
- Regional Business News offers full text for more than 50 regional business publications.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection is a comprehensive database covering topics such as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Safari Tech Books Online (E-books) is a collection of over 5500 electronic books covering a wide variety of technology and business topics including: certification practice exams, databases, desktop applications, e-business, graphics, hardware, Internet, IT management, and much more.
- Safety Science & Risk Abstracts presents timely information from journals within the fields of public health,
safety and industrial hygiene.
- Salud in Espanol provides comprehensive evidence-based reports and fact sheets in Spanish on all aspects of consumer health and wellness.
- Science is one of the leading journals of original scientific research, news and commentary. Full text coverage from 1997 to the current issue.
- Science In Context contains topic overviews, experiments, biographies, articles, links to quality Web sites, pictures, and illustrations in all areas of science.
- Scribner Writers Online offers over 2,000 original and detailed bio-critical essays on the lives and works of more than 1,400 important authors from around the world.
- Social Science Reviews offers critical reviews written by leading scientists within the social sciences disciplines.
- Social Services Abstracts provides bibliographic coverage of research within the area of social work.
- Sociological Abstracts indexes literature in sociology and related disciplines.
- Solid State & Superconductivity Abstracts contains abstracts from journals covering all areas of solid state
materials and devices.
- The Southwest Times full-text, searchable database of articles from The Southwest Times (Pulaski, VA newspaper)
- STAT USA is the U.S. Department of Commerce’s resource for information on business, economy, and trade.
[Return to Top]
- TOXLINE offers citations and abstracts in all areas of toxicology.
- Twayne's Authors Online offers in-depth introductions to the lives and works of writers, the history and influence of literary movements, and the development of literary genres. This online series features the content of more than 600 books that comprise three print series --United States Authors, English Authors and World Authors.
- U.S. Census Bureau is an excellent resource for census data and demographics.
- U.S. Code, the official web site of the U.S. Department of Labor, provides access to OSHA regulations, statistics, programs, and publications.
- Ulrich'sWeb Global Serials Directory provides detailed information on magazines, journals, and newspapers published throughout the world.
- Vente et Gestion provides full text coverage for French language business journals serving both the academic
and the professional researcher.
- Virginia Tax Online gives easy access to a variety of services and information about taxes in Virginia.
[Return to Top]
- Water Resources Abstracts provides summaries of technical and scientific literature on water-related topics.
- WELDAsearch includes abstracts of scholarly content in the areas of joining metals, soldering, plastics,
ceramics and more.
- White House provides a single point of access to virtually all government information available on the Internet.
- Wiley Online Library provides full-text access to online journals, books and other resources in the life, health and physical sciences, social science and humanities fields.
- Women's Studies International covers the core disciplines in Women's Studies to the latest scholarship in
- WorldCat is a world-wide library catalog of books, media, musical scores, computer programs and web sites. It contains more than 54 million records dating back to 1000 B.C.
- Worldscope Global contains basic financial information on public companies worldwide.
- Zip Code Lookup allows one to search for zip codes across the U.S. by address, city or company name.
[Return to Top]