Makes 48 Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Cream sugar and margarine; add egg and flavorings and mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl; mix into sugar and margarine mixture.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough out to 3/16-inch thick.
- Cut cookies into desired shapes with cookie cutters and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until delicately brown.
- Let cool.
To make a quick icing/glaze you will need:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Food coloring if desired
Whisk the sugar and milk together. You may need more milk depending on desired thickness. Add food coloring if desired.