Time to make: 1 hour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 lb. dipping chocolate (sold near bakers chocolate)
- 30 Whole Pecans (Optional)
- Stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
- Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls, placing them on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper.
- Let balls stand for 20 minutes until dry.
- Melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave for around 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Gently drop balls one at a time in melted chocolate.
- Use a fork or toothpick to remove it from the chocolate, let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place back on the waxed paper.
- If you chose to use pecans, place a whole pecan on top of each buckeye while the chocolate is still soft.
- Let stand until dry.
- Store tightly covered in a cool dry place.