Current efforts to conserve energy and reduce waste at NRCC include:
- • T5 lighting in interior spaces to reduce emissions
- • LED lighting for external fixtures
- • Temperature control for reduced consumption of electrical and propane consumption
- • Electronic signatures for procurement and HR functions to reduce paper consumption
- • Virtual servers (fewer pieces of physical hardware for the landfill)
Beginning January 2012, NRCC will participate in a pilot project for financial aid processing that utilizes a document imaging system, further reducing paper consumption.
NRCC's annual job fair is "green certified" event.