Wall Street Journal Points
- How many points?
Two points possible per post with a total of 40 possible points per course.
- How do I receive points?
You write summaries of articles from the WSJ in your own words.
- How do I make posts?
Click on WSJ under
My Groups and Group Discussion Board.
- How long do the summaries have to be?
At least 120 words.
- How do I subscribe?
If you want the $15.00 15 week subscription go to
- Do I need a subscription to join?
No, you can use the WSJ from any library.
- Does this student subscription include the online
and tablet version of the WSJ? Yes
- How do I receive the newspaper?
The newspaper will be home delivered five days a week. If you get the Roanoke Times, it will be delivered with your morning newspaper. If not, the WSJ will be mailed to you.
- Do I contact the newspaper myself?
- How do I pay for the newspaper?
- Are there any deadlines?
Your posts can be made at any time during the semester.
Posts will end Dec. 16.
- What about copying and pasting?
Any copying and pasting from any source will disqualify you from the group.
You can copy and paste anything which you composed yourself.
- Can I use the same newspaper for several posts?
Yes, you can choose several
articles from the same paper.
- What do I have to include in my post?
You have to include the name of the article, the author, the date, and page number.
- Where do I keep tract of my points?
Your points will be recorded in a column of the grade book
within the Econ 120 Bb course.