The Distance Ed program:
- is a major part of NRCC's effort to increase educational access and student success.
- is for students who need to pursue education outside the traditional classroom.
- enables committed and self-motivated students to achieve academic goals.
Get started Today in Distance Ed!
- Visit Register for Classes to sign up for classes.
- Buy books (http://www.nr.edu/bookstore).
- Start coursework on the first day of classes.
- Ask questions. Student support is available through the Distance Ed department email@example.com or call the Distance Ed office 540-674-3614 (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., - Monday – Friday)
- Once class starts, stay connected with your instructor.
Visit http://www.nr.edu, click on employee directory.
In addition to the college’s distance learning programs and support services, New River Community College's Distance Ed department also manages our off-campus location at the New River Valley Mall in Christiansburg. Several full-time programs are housed there in addition to an array of college transfer courses. If you have any questions, e-mail the off-campus site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you continued success,
Linda Capone Claussen
Director of Distance Education/Off-Campus Services
540-674-3600 ext. 4364 (main campus)
New River Community College has been approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).