Hello and Welcome to Distance Education!
New River Community College's distance education program:
- is part of the college’s effort to increase educational access and student success.
- is for students who need to pursue academic goals outside the traditional classroom setting.
- enables you to achieve your educational goals if you are committed and motivated.
How to get started in distance education?
- Visit Register for Classes to sign up for classes.
- Buy books (http://www.nr.edu/bookstore). Start coursework on the first day of classes.
- Ask questions. Student support is available through the Distance Education department firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Distance Education office 540-674-3614 (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., - Monday – Friday)
- Once class starts, stay connected with your instructor. Visit http://www.nr.edu, click on employee directory.
In addition to the college’s distance learning programs and support services, New River Community College's Distance Education department also manages our off-campus location at the New River Valley Mall in Christiansburg. Several full-time programs are housed there in addition to an array of college transfer courses. If you have any questions, e-mail the off-campus site at email@example.com.
Wishing you continued successes,
Linda Capone Claussen
Director of Distance Education/Off-Campus Services
540-674-3600 ext. 4364 (main campus)