Start Here - Spring 2013
Syllabus / Course Plan (pdf version)
Click the syllabus button to read the .html version.
Course FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Instructions for Assignments
- This is the place to start for this course. Students are not expected to have previous programming experience for this course.
- This course is the prerequisite for alll other programming classes in the IT degree programs.
- First, click the Syllabus button and read the syllabus (course plan).
- Purchase the required materials listed on the syllabus.
- Now read Course FAQ button (above) to answer most of your course questions.
- Next read the Instructions for Assignments page (above) to answer your assignment questions.
- Finally select the Assignments button and start with the first lecture assignment.
- Select the Labs button to see the lab assignments you will work on with your team each week.
How to Navigate this Site
- Start with Course Info (this page) to find general information about the class such as the course plan (syllabus), and materials required.
- Select Home in the navigation bar to return back to the home page.
- The Assignments page lists the due dates and details of each lecture assignment.
- The Labs page lists the due dates and details for each lab assignment.
- Select the Classmates page to find email addresses for your classmates, and to learn more about your team members.
- The Resources page has a list of the PowerPoint slides as well as other information not covered in any of the textbooks.
Are you in the right course?
- Read the Course Plan (syllabus) especially the pre-requisite section to ensure that you have the needed coursework and skills before attempting this course.
E-mail, Internet Access and Labs
- Labs are available on the NRCC campus for your use. You can use most labs on campus for e-mail and Internet access.
- The only labs on campus that have the Jython and Lego Mindstorms software required for this course are Mall 109 and Rooker 254.
- Software is required for this class. See the Course Plan (syllabus) under Instructional Materials for more information.
January 17, 2013
How to Navigate this site.
Are you the right course?
Email, Internet and Labs