- Create a professional Word document. Include your name, course number and chapter number at the top of each page.
- Each question is worth one point except for the Thought Questions.
- Print your completed document and submit at the BEGINNING of class on the due date. Hand-written assignments or late assignments will not be accepted.
- Include the number of each question in your document. Answer only the assigned questions.
(4 points) People in Computer Science - Ivan Sutherland (pages 486-487)
- Ivan Sutherland has also earned the Turing Award. What is another award that he has earned?
- What is the system called that he created that he is most known for?
- What field was started based on the system in #2?
- What does he consider his proudest accomplishment?
(8 points) Matching
(16 points) True False
(2 points) 14.1 What is Simulation?
(9 points) 14.2 Specific Models
- #31, #32, #33, #38, #39, #41, #43, #45, #47
(1 point) 14.3 Computer Graphics
(4 points) Thought Questions
2 points each. Write a paragraph or more to answer each question.
- #6 Check online instead of going to a local computer store to find CAD programs. [9-14-10 Instruction added during class. Attach a 1 page printout about the CAD program you researched.]
- #7 (Read Ethical Issues Gaming as an Addiction Page 491 before answering this question)