- Create a professional Word document. Include your name, course number and chapter number at the top of each page.
- Each question is worth one point except for the Thought Questions.
- Print your completed document and submit at the BEGINNING of class on the due date. Hand-written assignments or late assignments will not be accepted.
- Include the number of each question in your document. Answer only the assigned questions.
- Write your answers in your own words.
- Do not cut and paste answers from your textbook nor a web site. Submitting answers found on any web site is a violation of the NRCC Honor code.
(4 points) People in Computer Science - Ivan Sutherland (pages 456-457)
- Ivan Sutherland has also earned the Turing Award. What is another award that he has earned?
- What is the system called that he created that he is most known for?
- What field was started based on the system in #2?
- What does he consider his proudest accomplishment?
(8 points) Matching
(16 points) True False
(1 points) 14.1 What is Simulation?
(11 points) 14.2 Specific Models
- #28, #31 - #33, #38, #40, #43, #45, #47, #49, #52
(10 points) Thought Questions
Write a paragraph or more to answer each question.
- (3 points) #5 What other real-life situations can be modeled using a priority queue?
- (4 points) #6 CAD systems are now available for everyday use. See how many programs are available to help you design anything from a kitchen to a guitar. IMPORTANT: Check online instead of going to a local computer store to find CAD software. Attach a 1 page printout about the CAD software you researched.
- (3 points) #7 Do you see video gaming as a problem for you or your friends? Has it affected your own or a friend's schoolwork? (Read Ethical Issues Gaming as an Addiction Page 481 before answering this question)