- Create a professional Word document. Include your name, course number and chapter number at the top of each page.
- Each question is worth one point except for the Thought Questions.
- Print your completed document and submit at the BEGINNING of class on the due date. Hand-written assignments or late assignments will not be accepted.
- Include the number of each question in your document. Answer only the assigned questions.
(3 points) People in Computer Science - Herman A. Simon (page 430)
- What predigious award did Herbert Simon earn?
- Herbert Simon coined the word "satisfice". What does this term mean? (Not in book, do some research.)
- How does satisfice relate to his economic theory?
(5 points) Matching
(25 points) True False
(3 points) 13.1 Thinking Machines
(3 points) 13.2 Knowledge Representation
(4 points) 13.3 Expert System
(4 points) 13.4 Neural Networks
(3 points) 13.5 Natural Language Processing
(3 points) 13.6 Robotics
- #77 (not in book) Why is order important in Asimov's Laws of Robotics?
- #78 (not in book) What could happen if the laws were in a different order?
(13 points) Thought Questions
2 points each. Last item is 5 points. Write a paragraph or more to answer each question.
- #4 (Read Ethical Issues HIPAA Page 450 - 451 before answering question)
- #6 (Not in book, do some research) Why would it be easier to implement medical identity cards in the United Kingdom than in the US?
- #7 (Not in book). Go to the CSC 200 Resources page, under Chapter 13 and click on the AliceBot Turing Test - Scroll down to "Chat with A.L.I.C.E" link. Enter 10 different questions that would be useful for a Turing test. Do a screen capture of your results and print or embed in your Word document.