- Create a professional Word document. Include your name, course number and chapter number at the top of each page.
- Each question is worth one point except for the Thought Questions.
- Print your completed document and submit at the START of class on the due date. Hand-written assignments or late assignments will NOT be accepted.
- Include the number of each question in your document. Answer only the assigned questions.
(6 points) People in Computer Science - Ada Lovelace
- What is Lady Ada recognized as today?
- Who did she work with that is recognized as created one of the first mechanical calculating devices?
- What was the name of the device?
- Lady Ada also trained with another famous guy. What is his name?
- What is he known for?
- Is there a programming language named for Lady Ada? If so, what is the name of the language?
Photo from IEEE Global History Network
(38 points) Matching
- #1 - #10
- #11 - #23
- #24 - #38
(9 points) Short Answer
- #40, #42, #45, #47, #51, #52, #54 - #56
(9 points) Thought Questions
3 points each. Write a paragraph or more to answer each question.
- #3 computer in home
- #4 digital devide (Read Ethical Issues Blogging Pages 27-28 before answering this question.)
- #6 computer literacy #a - #f