NRCC alumni, as well as members of the general public, can enjoy many of the resources and services available in the college library. A picture ID such as a driver's license is needed to check out the materials. Although the print and non-print resources in the library are selected to support the college curriculum, many of these items will still be of interest to alumni or general public.
Additional Facts about NRCC Library:
- Special collections such as the Virginia Collection and the McNaughton rental collection of recent novels and nonfiction books are available;
- The library subscribes to numerous newspapers and magazines, both local and national;
- Almost 50 computers are available for public use in the library
- In addition to the Internet and basic Microsoft Office software, the library computers offer access to numerous databases in a wide range of subject areas.
- Access to the VIVA (Virtual Library of Virginia) databases
Other library services available to Alumni include:
- general reference assistance
- TVs & VCRs
- access to a copy machine
- limited printing from the computers
- interlibrary loan service
- genealogy/local history information
Hours during the semester:
Monday - Thursday 7:50 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday 7:50 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.